Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 3: Tawashi!! (Eco Scrubbies)

     Since I moved into my new place my list of "to buy" items has filled up pretty quick with cheese graters, dishcloths and everything in between.  This week, while browsing for a project to work on I took a look at some dishcloths and scrubbies.  Earlier in the week I noticed a friend on facebook mentioned making scrubbies so I looked some up and decided to give it a try myself, here is what I've come up with so far;

Tawashi (Eco-Scrubbies)

    I looked up a few patterns and tried out 3 of them.  There's a few variations I'd like to try at some point in the future, experimenting with different yarns and stitches, but the patterns seem quite promising.  

Spiral Scrubbie

Tawashi Knot


Tawashi


     My fav so far is the Spiral Tawashi.  My next endeavour will be to combine the acrylic yarn and cotton yarn with the Spiral Tawashi pattern.

I'd love to go into more detail but that will have to wait until tomorrow or Tuesday as it is late and I gotta get up early for work.  The patterns for both the Spiral and Regular Tawashi's are both found online, (click on the photo for the link) the Tawashi knot however was a purchase pattern that I improvised on.  I will share the pattern once I've tweaked it a bit and write it out.

Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment