Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week 4 and 5: Facial Cleansing Pads and Holder

This week is a double header! But don't get too excited, it's only because I missed last week's due to a fabulous 60s party.

Week 4: Facial Cleansing Pads

     This is a pretty useful project, especially if you have oily skin, where lots of make up or just wash your face often. I had seen a few photos of these while browsing for dish cloth patterns several months ago and logged it away in my brain as a "someday it would be nice to make these", and well that some day finally arrived.  I tried a few variations and experimented on a few different shapes until I settled on the most functional ones.  Here are the results:

I used Bernat Cotton for all the Scrubbies/Cleansing Pads, the hook size varied per pattern.  Photo captions are linked (except Simple Round, I wrote the pattern beneath it)

Puffy Flower Tawashi

Simple Round Cloth
 This one was pretty easy but proved to be the most useful/efficient

I used a J/10-6.00mm hook [for both the Simple Round Cloth (above) and the Little Flowers (below).]

Chain 4
12 dc in 4th chain from hook, sl st into first dc
ch 3, 2 dc in each dc of previous row, join with sl st
cut and weave in end

Little Flower Cloth

     So far they work great and I'm lovin' them!

Week 5:  Facial Cleansing Pad Holder

     Now that you've made the Cleansing Pads you need somewhere to keep them.  Well here you go:

     I used Red Heart Acrylic pink yarn to match the scrubbies somewhat. Original pattern linked below, I used the pattern's recommended size hook.





     I based this item on the pattern found here.  After row 5 I just continued with the dc (basically repeated row 5 another 3 or 4 times).  Once I got to the height I wanted I finished off with the same cotton yarn I used for the Cleansing Pads but in a shell pattern:

Join yarn to work, Chain 1, dc in 2nd st from hook, 4 dc in same st, * sk next st, sc in next st, sk next st 5 dc in next st repeat from * to end.  Cut and weave in ends.

     And all together now:




     Like I said, I'm quite happy with the outcome of this project and use it daily :)  I hope some of you find it just as useful and fun to make.  It was a very quick project to make, took a couple hours in total and very well worth the effort.

     So that's the project for the week, hope you all enjoy!

Keep Crafty Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment